Simple Glazed Pork fillet in BBQ sauce with a Cajun style rice, 15min quickie and tastes delicious.
This is a meal in its self. And shouldn’t take more than 15 – 20 minutes at most. If you are using frozen Okra like I do, ensure it’s heated through properly before service.
BBQ Glazed Pork fillet with Cajun style rice
- Pork Fillet 500g
- ½ a teaspoon of ground all spice
- splash of olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 stick of trimmed celery
- 175 g of frozen Okra
- 1 Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sweet smoked paprika
- 1 “pinch” of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 2 x boil in the bag brown rice if you prefer white rice, use it.
- 2 cloves of Garlic Crushed
- 2 ½ tablespoons of Worcester sauce affiliate link
- 5 heaped tablespoons of Tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of HP sauce affiliate link
- 2 tablespoons of runny honey
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
- 4 tablespoons of apple juice
- Put 2x 250g bags of boil in the bag Rice in a pan as per instructions on the box.
- Slice the pork fillet along the centre and open it up like you would a filleted chick breast, Season with salt, pepper and the ground all spice, pop in to a hot pan with a splash of olive oil and allow about 5min each side, turning when it has a dark coating.
- Put the diced Pepper, Onions, Celery, and Okra in to a pan and a splash of oil, then add the Paprika Ground cumin, fennel seeds and “a cup” of water and allow to cook while finishing the pork and BBQ sauce.
- Add all the sauce ingredients in to a bowl, add the crushed garlic and mix well.
- Coat the Pork in most of the BBQ sauce and put the remaining in a ramekin for “dipping”, transfer the pork to a suitable baking disk or tray and pop the pork under the grill until ready to serve.
- Mix in the rice, (that should be cooked by now) in to the vegetables and mix well.