Cauliflower Cheese with mustard is a delight, The crunch of the perfectly cooked cauliflower and warming mustard with creamy cheese
Some argue that this is a side/ accompaniment dish, not a main. But why can’t it be both? Goes great with rotated chicken or Beef wellington.
Cauliflower Cheese with a hint of mustard
- 1/4 Tsp English mustard powder
- 500 ml Milk
- 1 large Tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 150 g of Cheddar cheese
- Remove the green leafs and divide the cauliflower to chunks suitable for your dish (test if you wish, I do)
- Preheat your oven to 200c and position your shelves so one is in the middle
- Boil the Cauliflower for 5 to 10 min to until cooked, drain and put in your dish for cooking in the oven once the cheese sauce is cooked.
- Using the same pan (emptied of water) pour the milk in to the pan with the butter and flour, English mustard powder adding more or less depending on how warming you wish it to be, whisk until the sauce thickens, add the most of the cheese and mix until combined.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower in your dish making sure to cover all the cauliflower.
- Season with black pepper and the remaining cheese
- cook for 20min, or until the cheese is golden.