These pizzas are super child-friendly and a great introduction to cooking, my 3yr old and I make them for lunch together, She loves it as it’s exciting and something she can “cook” with me and gets to pick and choose her own toppings and even make the pizza herself. Just requiring “grown-ups” for the oven part.
It is also fun for them to watch them cooking in the oven for 10min while we clean up.
Kids Pitta Pizzas
- Cheese grater
- Baking tray
- Chopping board
- Pitta breads White or wholemeal
- 1 teaspoon Tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon Can of chopped tomatoes
- ⅓ teaspoon Mixed herbs Dried
- 1 slice Ham Sliced sandwich meat sliced in to strips
- Cheese Family favourite or Cheddar cheese
- ½ one Red onion chopped
- ½ one Bell pepper sliced
- Turn on the oven to 200c / 392F
- Place the pitta bread on a baking tray, using the tomato purée add a small amount smoothing it over one side of the pitta bread, top this with approximately 1 tablespoon of chopped tomatoes on top of the tomato purée.Pitta breads, 1 teaspoon Tomato purée, 1 tablespoon Can of chopped tomatoes
- Add your toppings of sliced ham, red onion and bell pepper, finally topping with your choice of cheese.⅓ teaspoon Mixed herbs, 1 slice Ham, Cheese, ½ one Red onion, ½ one Bell pepper
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 10min
- Slice and enjoy!