This take on the classic carbonara, is quick and easy to cook and tasty too. Don’t overcook your chorizo, just make sure it’s golden and moist still.
Chorizo, chilli and mushroom Carbonara
- 250 g/9oz dried penne
- 75 g/ 2 ½ oz chorizo
- ½– 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- ½ a lemon
- 2 heaped tbsp of natural yoghurt
- 8 – 10 mushrooms
- splash olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 large egg
- 30 g/1oz Manchego cheese
- Put the pasta in a pan of slightly salted water and cook according to the instructions.
- Slice the chilli, chorizo,mushrooms and rosemary and place in a frying pan with a dash of olive oil, add the garlic and a grind of fresh pepper from your pepper mill and then fry until the chorizo is nicely cooked and golden.
- By this point your pasta should be cooked, drain, keeping a little of the water for later.
- In a bowl beat together, lemon juice, egg and yoghurt and the remaining Manchego, mix together the pasta and chorizo stir in the creamy sauce adding a little splash of the pasta water to loosen the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!