This is a bit more of a grown-up chicken and potato bake with white wine and Gruyère cheese.
Who doesn’t like a potato bake… but seriously this meal I wasn’t sure about but it has become a firm family favourate.
Just make sure you have a flan dish some depth and enough pastry if you’re using shop bought pastry.
Gruyère Cheese, Chicken and Potato bake
- 500 g potatoes thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 500 g skin and boneless chicken thighs
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 rashes of smoked bacon rashers
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g Gruyère cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C / Gas mark 6 / 400F / 180c Fan.
- Put the sliced potatoes in boiling water and simmer for 3min then drain ad leave to cool.
- While the potatoes are cooling in a bowl, heat a little of the oil in a frying pan and brown them for about 5min each and then put to one side.
- Add the garlic and onions to the same pan and fry for 5 min until starting to soften add the bacon and fry until the bacon is cooked and starting to brown.
- Remove the garlic, onion and bacon mixture and set to one side, put the white wine in the pan to degalze and allow to heat for 2min then add the cream and remove from the heat
- Place the potatoes on the bottom of an ovenproof dish over lapping covering the bottom of the dish, place the chicken on the potatoes and the bacon mixture over the chicken.
- Pour the white wine and cream over the chicken and bacon and cover in grated cheese.
- Cover with baking foil and cook for 30min and then remove the foil and bake for a further 30min till golden.