If you like mushroom steak sauce with your steak, This is a dream come true. Mushrooms, peppery and creamy all in one accompaniment
This is a simple sauce and quick to make, tastes best if you can deglaze the frying pan while you make it. So don’t worry about the steak sticking to the frying pan. I feel this is best served with chunky chips.
Mushroom & pepper steak sauce
- Punnet of mushrooms use as many as you see fit
- 200 ml of double cream
- knob of Butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- Fry your steak as normal.
- While the steak is cooking, In a separate pan, fry the mushrooms with a knob of butter and season with pepper.
- Once the steak is cooked, put it to one side to rest and collect any juices from the steak.
- Move the mushrooms in to the steak pan and using the cream, deglaze the pan of any burnt steak and allow thickening on a high heat to occur but still mixing frequently to avoid burning the cream, pouring any juices from the steak in to the mix.
- Serve and Enjoy.