A simple gnocchi bake with bacon lardons, Super comfort food. The vegetables come straight from the freezer and there is little washing up.
One pan, That’s all this meal takes and in my book, that is awesome.
Making sure the bacon is cooked till golden, but not too crispy, is vital to this meals’ success.
One pan gnocchi bake
- 25 g/0.9oz Butter
- splash of olive oil
- 300 g/10.5oz Bacon lardons
- 2 tbps plain flour
- 450 ml / 15floz milk full fat or semi-skimmed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150 g/5oz Mature cheddar cheese grated
- 200 g7oz small broccoli florets
- 100 g/3.5oz frozen peas
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200c/Gas 7/392F
- Heat the butter and a splash of olive oil in a flameproof casserole dish over medium heat and add the bacon lardons and onions and cook till the bacon is cooked, stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle the flour over the bacon and onion and stir well then gradually add the milk, stirring all the time until you have a nice sauce, add half the cheese and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the mustard, gnocchi, peas, broccoli and tomatoes and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 20-30min