Quick and easy One-pot bacon, spinach and tomato pasta for the whole family. Served with a sprinkling of your preferred cheese.
One-pot bacon, spinach and tomato pasta
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 5 rashers of smoked bacon sliced
- 1 garlic clove sliced or crushed in a garlic press
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 500 ml / 1½oz pints of stock made with 1 vegetable and 1 chicken stock cube
- 150 g / 5½ oz cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 250 g / 9oz spaghetti
- 150 g/5½oz young spinach leaves
- 50 g of cheese of your choice
- Heat the oil in a wide frying pan you can also cook it in a wok or large sauce pan, but you might need to break the spaghetti in half
- fry the bacon over a medium heat until lightly browned, string occasionally.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a few seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken and Veg stock and bring to the boil, add the past and stir well and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid the pasta sticking
- When the pasta is tender, but there is liquid left in the pan, add the spinach and tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes and the liquid almost all been absorbed.
- Stir in some cheese of your choice and season well with pepper (option)